How to Donate items
See below for a list of the supplies we need on an ongoing basis. Please drop off the items at any of our drop-off locations.
Donate select items through two participating online stores, all supplies will be shipped directly to us:
- PoochieMochie’s SCARS wishlist (and support a local business)
- Our Amazon wishlist (please use the shipping address: Scorpion Containment Solutions, Acheson).
We cannot accept pillows/cushions from beds or furniture.
We have a sufficient amount of linens (bed sheets & towels) and do not need any at this time.
As well, please ensure all donations are clean and in good working condition.
Thanks very much for your continued support!
What we need
- Cat litter – clumping & non-clumping
- All life stages wet cat food (brands like First Mate, Purina Friskies, Purina Fancy Feast)
- Kitten food (especially wet)
- Large breed puppy kibble (brands like Royal Canin, KIRKLAND, etc.)
- High-quality adult dog food (brands like ACANA, ORIJEN, KIRKLAND, etc.)
- Puppy training pads
- Cat food (dry and wet; adult and especially all life stages)
- Donate a Kuranda pet bed
- Gently used x-pens
- Multi-level cat cages
- Toys for cats and dogs (durable and interactive kinds, especially)
Bleach and Virkon
All-purpose liquid cleaner
Garbage bags/blue bags (especially extra-large types that are 31″ diameter)
High-efficiency laundry detergent
Lysol wipes/Clorex wipes
Gift/fuel cards for Costco, Canadian Tire, Superstore, Safeway, Walmart, PetSmart, etc
Canadian Tire money
Chain link dog run panels (not rolled)
Office supplies – stamps, copy paper, pens
Zip ties – heavy duty
Donate supplies for our Walls 4 Winter program. Click here to see the list of building supplies needed.
SCARS needs quality animal transport vehicles, preferably with all-wheel drive. Our volunteers drive thousands of kilometres each year to bring abandoned animals (many of whom are sick or injured) to veterinary care and foster homes. We regularly travel between Edmonton and locations such as Athabasca, Westlock, Calling Lake, Maskwacis, Wabasca, Lac La Biche, High Prairie, Lloydminster, and many other communities. Our highest priority is to ensure our volunteers and the animals they transport are warm and safe during travel. The need to help animals is often greatest when the weather is coldest and when the roads are in poor condition.
If you have any questions, please call (780) 466-SCAR or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your donations are very much appreciated. Thank you!