Winners and Event Summary Skate for SCARS Video Showcase 2022
The results are in!
Across the summer, SCARS had the privilege of teaming up with Dale Bailey of Shoulda’ Danished Productions to showcase the Skate for SCARS video competition!
This event raised over $4,000 for SCARS! Thank you to Dale, the sponsors and especially thanks to those who put so much effort into these videos. Amazing!
141 people attended the showcase September 28 at the Garneau Theatre (video links below) and enthusiastically viewed the 8 finalist videos:
Event winners – see their amazing videos
- Best Overall Video by judging panel: Rumor Board Shop Team who won $2,500 donated by Oodle Noodle!
- Audience Choice Award went to: White Klaw Killas!
- Best Trick — a stunning culvert ride — was won by House Paint!
- Best Entry Under 13: The talented 9-year-old Alex D’Adamo!
- Best Inclusion of Pets: Tigers Skate Club!
- Most Donations Raised: Again, Tigers Skate Club who raised $1,795 for SCARS!
- Most Creative Video: Switch Mallgrab Crew!
- Special Mention to Dale Bailey himself who created a video (not part of prize competition) — check him out in his crazy hat: The Uncle Dads!
Watch the videos here: Skate for SCARS Video Showcase Page
All donations go directly to the SCARS Main Rescue Fund to assist in animal rescue and help companion animals in need.
Thanks to our Title Sponsor who donated $2,500 for best Overall video
About SCARS donations
Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS) is a Society incorporated under the laws of Alberta. Our registered address is PO Box 3045 Athabasca AB T9S 2B9. SCARS plans to raise approximately $1.6M in 2022 through fundraising campaigns. It is estimated to cost the organization approximately $211,000 to raise this amount. Funds raised go to support rescue costs, care and medical attention for rescued SCARS animals, and to support our mission to promote the humane care and protection of all animals and prevent cruelty and suffering. For further information regarding donations please contact Amanda Annetts at 780-203-1202 or email: email@example.com